Let us revisit why we reject the EU globalist/corporatist project. We can have free trade areas and agreements without the shite of the superstate.
Click to access 14%20point%20summary.pdf
“The EU Constitution is the birth certificate of the United States of Europe.”
– German Minister for Europe Hans Martin Bury, Die Welt, 25-2-2005
“The Constitution is the capstone of a European Federal State.”
– Guy Verhofstadt, Belgian Prime Minister, Financial Times, 21-6-2004
“Our Constitution cannot be reduced to a mere treaty for co-operation between governments. Anyone who has not yet grasped this fact deserves to wear the dunce’s cap.”
– Valery Giscard-d’Estaing, President of the EU Convention, Speech in Aachen accepting the Charlemagne Prize for European integration, 29-5-2003
“It wasn’t worth creating a negative commotion with the British. I rewrote my text with the word federal replaced by communautaire, which means exactly the same thing.”
– Valery Giscard d’Estaing, Wall Street Journal Europe, 7-7-2003
“We know that nine out of ten people will not have read the Constitution and will vote on the basis of what politicians and journalists say. More than that, if the answer is No, the vote will probably have to be done again, because it absolutely has to be Yes.”
– Jean-Luc Dehaene, Former Belgian Prime Minister and Vice-President of the EU Convention,Irish Times, 2-6-2004
“In Europe one needs to act ‘as if’ – as if what was wanted was little, in order to obtain much, as if States were to remain sovereign to convince them to concede sovereignty … The Commission in Brussels, for example, should act as if it were a technical instrument, in order to be able to be treated as a government. And so on by disguise and subterfuge”
– Giuliano Amato, Italian Prime Minister and later Vice-President of the EU Convention which drafted the Constitution, interview with Barbara Spinelli, La Stampa, 13-7-2000
“The Convention brought together a self-selected group of the European political elite, many of whom have their eyes on a career at a European level, which is dependent on more and more integration, and who see national parliaments and governments as an obstacle … Not once in the sixteen months I spent on the Convention did representatives question whether deeper integration is what the people of Europe want, whether it serves their best interests or whether it provides the best basis for a sustainable structure for an expanding Union. The debates focused solely on where we could do more at European Union level … None of the existing policies were questioned … Consensus was achieved among those who were deemed to matter and those deemed to matter made it plain that the rest would not be allowed to wreck the final agreement.”
– Gisela Stuart MP, British Labour Party representative on the EU Convention and member of its Praesidium which drafted the Constitution, The Making of Europe’s Constitution, Fabian Society, London, 2003
“Creating a single European State bound by one European Constitution is the decisive task of our time.”
– German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer, Daily Telegraph, 27-12-1998
Note: It is worth reminding ourselves that Nazis in Germany were supported outside Germany, notable the United States. WRH: All Wars are Bankers’s Wars!
Our generation might struggle to comprehend how Ford, IBM, Coca-cola, IG Farben, Standard Oil and other companies traded with the Nazis. We can see an inkling of their motivations or reasoning in the remainer argument when they prioritize their paycheck/jobs/investments over the principle of individual and national sovereignty.
Which is better, a well-paid corporatist slave/lackey or a freer albeit “financially” poorer individual?.
That is the crux of the reason to leave the EU. Liberty vs Statistism/corporatism!