According to the Stop the Saatchi Bill Alliance:
- The bill is about removing patient rights, not giving new ones.
- It is about absolving doctors from responsibility for their actions.
- A doctor can act without the support of their colleagues, and be protected by the bill.
- It applies to treatment for any condition, major or minor.
- It applies even if there is an existing effective treatment.
- The major medical, patient and medical protection organisations oppose it.
- It will not give us a cure for cancer.
- It will inhibit research, not promote it.