…Coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mr. Mike Omeri…in a statement on Tuesday, had said that agents of ISIS were in the country to recruit Nigerian youths to fight for the terrorist group.
In a statement signed by his Special Adviser, David Okoji, Omeri said three South Africans were among fighters recruited by ISIS under the guise of humanitarian support groups for refugees in Nigeria.
Speaking in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents in Abuja on Friday, Omeri confirmed that three South Africans had been hired to recruit young fighters for ISIS from Africa.
Nigeria and US in fresh face-off
A few pointers to note for Nigeria in 2015.
– AFRICOM now has a presence in Liberia due to Ebola.
– A large unwelcome US intelligence presence in Nigeria with no noticeable gain yet increasing Boko Haram activity
– Pending elections in Nigeria 2015. Ex military ruler vs. Civilian president
– Boko Haram (false flag terrorism) in Northern Nigeria/Cameroun.
– US training inciting Nigerian army personnel to mutiny (coup?).
– Potential conflict in the Southern Oil fields – Niger Delta